- Layout and graphics have been partially renewed, broadly amended in the previous one;
- ISSN Notification (2532-1285) has been reached;
- Articles contents are for the most part in english presentation; we’re just continuing the SIMEU known process, begun a few months ago.
- Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University of Rome
- Department of Molecular Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California, Division of Cardiology.
When we began using sST2 in the hospital and the heart failure clinic nearly two years ago, I would often be asked: Why should we use sST2 when our present way of managing heart failure is sufficient? The answer is both simple and complex. Take the example of patients presenting with acute heart failure. Most are treated exactly the same-meaning intravenous followed by oral diuretics followed by